Big Kitchen Farm Share - 5/11 Pick-up
Regular price $0.00
Pick up fresh vegetables, herbs, and flowers grown on our farm in Baltimore! Since we are just starting out, farm shares are only available for pick-up from our Catonsville location.
Ordering Cut-Off: Monday, May 9th at 9:00 am.
Pick-up Date: Wednesday, May 11th - any time during our hours of operation.
We want to share our harvest with all who are interested so no upfront payment or subscription is required.
- Tokyo Bekana: A non-heading chinese cabbage with ruffled, blonde leaves. Chop up and add to salads for a pop of color or add to a stir fry dish.
- Bok Choi: Simply cut in halves or quarters and cook on the grill or sear in your favorite pan.
- Asian Greens: Tender and mild in flavor. Toss in a salad with one of our dressings or add to sandwiches.
- Sugar Snap Peas: An edible-pod pea with the most satisfying crunch, sugar snap peas can be eaten whole as a snack or chopped up in salads, sautes, and soups.
- Fava Beans: A farmer favorite. Also known as broad beans, fava beans are a delicious bean that has been cultivated since 6000 BCE (how neat is that?!). First, shell the beans from their thick + fibrous pod. Quickly blanch in boiling water for 1-5 minutes, then cool in a bowl of ice water. Peel off the outer layer of skin and enjoy raw, sauted, or add to soup.
- Swiss Chard: Milder than spinach with a sweet + earthy flavor. We love to add sauteed swiss chard to omelets, frittatas and pizza.
- Garlic Chives: An herb with strong garlic flavor. Chop and blend into sauces, pestos, and dressings.